Join Our Boys Soccer Booster Club

By Trinh Pham, 12 – Timberline Staff Writer

As with any business or organization, collaboration is essential. Parents want to feel like they have a vested interest in assisting the athletic department and its variety of teams. Booster clubs serve as an effective platform to give student-athletes the most positive experience possible in high school athletics. They’re comprised of parents and any community members who volunteer to support the team.

This past Wednesday, October 25, 2017, the boys’ soccer team had their first meeting of the booster club at Naaman Forest High School. Varsity boys head coach Scott Faris urged for all of the parents to join. Most of the parents showed an interest in helping out so that they feel like they’re also a member of the team. “To be part of the team and to be up to date about the soccer events,” parent Rene Delgado said when asked why she joined the booster club.

Coach Faris emphasized that, “Parent’s help is needed for fundraisers.” The booster club has been helpful to the team in many ways, assisting in financing the legitimate extracurricular activities of the student body. The booster club is funded by raising money through, “fundraiser and item selling,” while they also can, “help get transportation and buy equipment for the team,” Coach Faris added.

The parents are the ones that set the strategies and goals to help the boys out. Parent Mrs. Ramirez said, “Boosters help to organize and publicize the events.” If you’re a parent trying to find new ways to help out and get involved, whether it be soccer or not, booster clubs provide one of the best opportunities to do so. If you are interested in joining or have any questions about the soccer booster club though, you can contact Coach Scott Faris with any concerns.

Because of the impact our Naaman Forest boys soccer booster club has made, the boys soccer team is set and ready for their season coming up in January 2018.